The Global Hollow Edge Asian Chef’s Knife is an all-purpose knife ideal for meat and fish, yet performs beautifully on vegetables as well. Offers plenty of knuckle clearance when cutting on a board. The hollow edges on the blade help food release from the blade more easily. Global Knives have two most innovative features, their edge and the way they are balanced. The most important feature of any knife is its edge, and the Global edge is truly its signature. The majority of the Global knives are sharpened or ground on both sides of the blade like western style knives. However, their edges are ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in a dramatically sharper knife which stays sharper longer. The edge is so large and prominent that it is easily seen with the naked eye and extends a quarter inch or more up from the tip of the knife. Made in Japan with a lifetime warranty.
- Nimble and easy to control, razor sharp, 7-inch asian style chef’s knife
- Hollow edge (dimples) create air pockets while cutting to help prevent sticking as food falls away from the blade
- High tech molybdenum/vanadium Cromova 18 high carbon stainless steel blade; 56-58 Rockwell Hardness rating
- Global signature handle: Stainless steel molded dimpled handle for safe grip filled with the right amount of sand to create the perfect balance
- Made in Japan with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty against defects